Housing Programs

The Housing Authority of the City of Ogden (HACO) administers affordable housing programs that provide low-income families affordable decent and safe housing throughout Ogden City. Below is a list of programs that are administered by HACO.

HACO owns and manages apartment units located throughout Ogden City. Public housing was established to provide decent and safe affordable housing for eligible low-income families, the elderly, and persons with disabilities.

Tenants are only subsidized while they reside in the units we own and manage. Applicants must be low income and pass our suitability standards, which will include screening for Credit; Criminal Activity; Prior Landlord History Applicants must income qualify.

Section 8 (Housing Choice Voucher Program) The Housing Choice Voucher Program (HCV) is a rental assistance program funded by HUD. The program allows eligible low-income families, elderly and disabled households to find affordable housing in the private market of their choice and receive assistance in paying their monthly rent. Participants may rent an apartment, house, duplex, condo, or mobile home.


Once applicants are determined eligible, they will be issued a voucher a certain bedroom size and find a rental unit of their choice. The unit must pass the agency Housing Quality Standards. The rent is set by both program guidelines and market conditions.


Participants are responsible for any owner application fees and will be required to execute a lease with the owner, pay their security deposit, and pay their rent timely and follow all lease and program rules.

The HUD-Veterans Affairs Supportive Housing (HUD-VASH) program combines HUD’s Housing Choice Voucher (HCV) rental assistance for homeless Veterans with case management and clinical services provided by the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA).


Eligible individuals and families are homeless Veterans and their families. Please contact the office if you feel you qualify for this special HUD VASH Voucher, 801.627.5851 ext. 100. Our office will connect you with the local VA representative.

Mainstream vouchers assist non-elderly persons with disabilities ages 18 to 61. Aside from serving a special population, Mainstream vouchers are administered using the same rules as other housing choice vouchers

S+C assists hard to serve homeless individuals with disabilities as well as their families. These individuals primarily include those with serious mental illness, chronic problems with alcohol and/or drugs, and HIV/ AIDS or related diseases. The authority provides rental assistance vouchers to participants referred by the local Coordinated Entry.


This program is a low barrier and has supportive services to help the client achieve success in maintaining long term housing. If you have any questions regarding this service, don’t hesitate to reach out for support

In partnership with the State of Utah, HOPWA, provides rental assistance vouchers to low-income persons living with HIV/AIDS and their families. Participants are referred by local organizations.